In this video Adeptek takes a look at how Microsoft Office 365 helps solo entrepreneur Bryce McDonald tap into the power of the cloud to manage the vendor and customer relationships that help him scale his home-based wakesurf board making business, DAY 1 Wake, out to the world – without sacrificing the thing that matters to him most, his family. Contact us today to find out how we can help you do the same.
Hello there, let’s quickly look at five reasons why companies are implementing SharePoint.
Reason number one: they are attempting to utilize the licensing which is included with office 365. What that usually means is that they already have Office 365 implemented and when they go online or on the cloud, they see the icon for SharePoint. So they ask themselves, how can we utilize it? Most of them already have the SharePoint license along with the even or E3, so it becomes a natural choice to look into using SharePoint.
Reason number two: they are looking for better ways to collaborate within their team, within different departments, and across their organization. Whether it’s internal, between different locations, or with external companies, partners, or clients, SharePoint does provide a superior collaboration tool.
Reason number three: they are looking for a secured environment where all their documents and business processes can live. Office 365 with SharePoint Online provides that. It protects companies from malware attacks or loss of their files, thanks to Office 365 performing backups on your documents on a daily basis, up to 30 days.
Reason number four: Office 365 allows you to work remotely. It brings the concept of work anywhere and work on any device to life, so SharePoint naturally brings the same. This allows them to work on the go, work from home, work remotely and work on any device including mobile, iPads, surface, tablets, anything. It fulfills the concept of working anywhere, on any device.
And finally, reason number five: document versioning, or maintaining a single version of a file. First of all, by default SharePoint allows you to keep different versions of a document. So as long as you or other members of your team are accessing and editing a document, it will maintain all separate versions of the same document. However people can always refer to the final version and be reassured that it is the latest version of the document, rather than surfing through various email chains to find the latest version of the document. Based on permissions, they can go to a file location and find the final version of the document. This saves companies time, which is a significant help.
Our lives are being impacted daily with new technologies springing forth, which has changed the way we live, work, do businesses, shop online and offline, travel, engage in relationships and so on. The video you are about to watch emphasizes the new technologies that will be trending in 2018.
Let’s talk about couple of the technology trends which actually started in 2017 but should pick up steam in 2018.
First of all, everybody is hearing about Bitcoin but there is a technology under Bitcoin called Blockchain, which is the general ledger distributed one, not a single source of information. That system could also serve for many other industries, not only for the Cryptocurrencies. Blockchain should become mainstream in 2018.
The second technology is AI. Artificial intelligence apps and devices started picking up a lot of adoption in 2017, like Alexa, Siri, and Chat Bots on customer support and shopping sites. Now, this should become mainstream and your applications on your desktop and mobile devices, including the connected devices in your home – all these technologies will have intelligence. Artificial intelligence is going to pick up steam in 2018 as well.
Finally, I would say digital transformation. Now, most things are going to go digital which impacts all segments of your business including your customer, employers, processes and your products. You want to embrace a new method of digital engagement with your customers, use new tools for collaboration within your team and across your teams. And finally, it is about improving process efficiencies with digital technology and then transforming your products.
So embrace Blockchain or a new technology, embrace artificial intelligence, embrace business intelligence, and all these things that we are looking forward to in 2018. Thanks for watching.
Adeptek supported IAMCP SoCal chapter initiative of Grocery giveaway on Saturday December 16th at Brecee Center in Los Angeles.
#IAMCP members and their families took some time to give back to the community. This was our second year of working with Bresee Foundation for their Holiday Grocery Giveaway. This year we bagged and handed out food for about 500 needy families. IAMCP SoCal members volunteered their time to arrive early, unload trucks, and then pack the items for families to pick up.
About Bresee Foundation:
The P.F. Bresee Foundation’s (Bresee’s) history dates back 33 years, when in 1982, members of the Los Angeles First Church of the Nazarene established P.F. Bresee Foundation as a separate, non-sectarian 501(c)(3) to address the social needs of the community. Its services were meant to honor the legacy of Dr. Phineas F. Bresee, who founded the Nazarene church in 1895 and dedicated his life to serving the poor in Los Angeles.
Based in Orange County, CA, Adeptek is a growing IT consulting firm specializing in business technology solutions. In addition to the Microsoft stack, we also work on iOS, Android mobile apps. Our goal is to enable our clients to become more agile, while reducing overhead costs and improving business operations.
Field Service capabilities extend Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) to provide a complete Field Service management solution, including service locations, customer assets, preventative maintenance, work order management, resource management, product inventory, scheduling and dispatch, mobility, collaboration, customer billing, and analytics. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service helps you:
- Optimize your service schedule with efficient routing, resource skill matching, and reduced travel time.
- Increase first time fix rates and on-time delivery performance.
- Enhance real-time communication and collaboration between customer service, dispatch, field agents, and customers.
Project Service Automation automation capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) provide an end-to-end solution that helps sales and delivery teams engage customers and deliver billable projects on time and within budget. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation automation helps you:
- Estimate, quote, and contract work
- Plan and assign resources
- Enable team collaboration
- Capture time, expense, and progress data for real-time insights and accurate invoicing
1.Login to http://portal.office.com as admin user (use your work account).
2.Select the app launcher icon in the upper-left and choose Admin.
3. Go to the Subscriptions page:
- Choose Billing > Subscriptions.
4.Under billing, select View and edit subscriptions
5.If you have multiple subscriptions, select each of the subscription you want to edit.
6 Under the Partner ID, select Edit partner of record.
7.Type the new Microsoft Partner ID as ‘3030169’ for the ‘Adeptek Consulting Inc’ select Check ID, and then Submit
8.The partner ID displays on the Subscription details page.
For any questions or issues, please email: email@example.com and we will be happy to help you. Thanks!
During the month of Feb 2016 Gartner published it Magic Quadrant report for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms. And Micrsoft, Tableau and Qlik were the leaders as shown below (check leaders).
Gartner says Microsoft offers a broad range of BI and analytics capabilities, both on-premises and in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Microsoft Power BI is the focus for this Magic Quadrant and is on its second major release, offering cloud-based BI with a new desktop interface — Power BI Desktop.
Power BI offers data preparation, data discovery and interactive dashboards via a single design tool. The Excel-based add-ins are positioned primarily for customers who need an on-premises deployment (and become native in Office 2016).
Microsoft has substantially lowered the price of Power BI — from its original $39.95 per user per month to $9.95 per user per month — making it one of the lowest-priced solutions on the market today, particularly from larger vendors. The lower price point, in addition to substantial product improvements, explains the strong uptake by 90,000 organizations.
Microsoft is positioned in the Leaders quadrant, with strong uptake of the latest release, major product improvements, an increase in sales and marketing awareness efforts, new leadership and a clearer, more visionary product roadmap. Microsoft’s vision to provide natural-language query and generation via its Cortana personal digital assistant, together with its strong partner network and its strategy to provide prebuilt solutions, positions it furthest to the right on the Completeness of Vision axis.
- Microsoft’s cloud-based delivery model and low per-user pricing offers a low TCO — one of the top three reasons why customers selected it, in addition to ease of use for business users and the availability of skilled resources. While Microsoft has long offered low per-user pricing, customers are advised to consider the TCO, which includes hardware costs, development and support costs. Previously, Microsoft had a high cost of ownership in its on-premises deployment model (despite low licensing costs), because of the complexity of implementing multiple servers. The new Power BI addresses this issue with both a streamlined workflow for content authors and because the hardware and server architecture is in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Microsoft ranks in the top quartile for achievement of business benefits, with high scores in its use for monetizing data, improving customer service and increasing revenue, as well as delivering better insights to more users. As customers move to business-user-led deployments, an emphasis on the achievement of business benefits at a lower cost has driven much of the net new BI and analytics buying — in lieu of centrally provisioned, IT-authored reporting platforms.
- Microsoft was ranked in the top quartile of Magic Quadrant vendors for user enablement (only Tableau ranked slightly higher), with high scores for online tutorials, community support, conferences and documentation. The high enablement scores also contributed to Microsoft’s ranking in the top quartile for product success.
- Microsoft has continued to expand the number and variety of data sources it supports natively and has also improved its partner network to build out connectors and content that includes prebuilt reports and dashboards. For example, Microsoft now has prebuilt connectors (and content) to Facebook, Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, Google Analytics, Zendesk and Marketo, to name a few.
- Microsoft scores low on product capabilities for advanced analytics within Power BI. The vendor’s newly introduced Cortana Analytics Suite — which brings together key modules including: Power BI, Azure Machine Learning, Cortana Personal Digital Assistant, Business Scenarios, and others — may partly address this limitation. Also, with the acquisition of Revolution Analytics, Microsoft now includes a preinstall of a local R instance with Power BI Desktop.
- Microsoft was ranked in the bottom quartile for sales experience by survey references. This can be partly attributed to its frequent changes in pricing and packaging, as well the lack of a BI and analytics-focused sales force. For example, Office 365 is no longer a prerequisite; Power BI can be purchased as a separate SKU, or via Cortana Analytics Suite or Office 365 Enterprise E5.
- Page 1 of 2